November 28, 2020, 09:32:53 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Good football movies to watch?

Started by mweinsteiner, October 16, 2020, 11:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnytiplady

I am gonna put it out there and say that Bend it like Beckham surprised me.

But yeah generally the documentaries are better made. 'Take the ball, pass the ball' is a brilliant documentary about Barcelona's Tiki Taka days.

mweinsteiner

mweinsteiner

Quote from: Matt Lee on October 17, 2020, 05:06:01 pm
There's a series on Netflix. Think it'd called The English Game or The Beautiful Game - it's based on the FA Cup at the time of Etonian teams dominating, and the arrival of working class teams from places like Darwen (Blackburn)

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out on Netflix!

Barry Dixon

Quote from: mweinsteiner on October 17, 2020, 06:50:03 pm
What's it about?
It's about the 1989 Arsenal team that won the title. Winning it at Anfield in a title decider
Site Manager LWOF

MichaelMarti

Quote from: Barry Dixon on October 17, 2020, 07:38:05 pm
It's about the 1989 Arsenal team that won the title. Winning it at Anfield in a title decider

So that's a no from me 😅

JordH1998

Quote from: Matt Lee on October 17, 2020, 05:06:01 pm
There's a series on Netflix. Think it'd called The English Game or The Beautiful Game - it's based on the FA Cup at the time of Etonian teams dominating, and the arrival of working class teams from places like Darwen (Blackburn)
I think I started watching this but didn't continue it, must have been binging something else.

JordH1998

Goal, Sunderland Till I Die, The Damned United, Escape To Victory, all mentioned, all good.

NatGoodlad

Quote from: Barry Dixon on October 17, 2020, 05:25:21 pm
Watched a few episodes of that. It can be good but also quite slow at times

Absolutely loved that. Was the first thing I binged in lockdown. I think they discovered after it came out that some of it was historically incorrect, which was a bit disappointing, but if you're into drama series' as well as football it's definitely worth watching

MichaelMarti

Quote from: NatGoodlad on October 18, 2020, 03:51:50 pm
Absolutely loved that. Was the first thing I binged in lockdown. I think they discovered after it came out that some of it was historically incorrect, which was a bit disappointing, but if you're into drama series' as well as football it's definitely worth watching

They added some of the drama elements, but I think it does accurately track the fight to have player's paid

mweinsteiner

Quote from: NatGoodlad on October 18, 2020, 03:51:50 pm

I agree, drama and football series make a pretty good combination

mweinsteiner

Quote from: Barry Dixon on October 17, 2020, 07:38:05 pm

I won't watch a show that glorifies any Arsenal team 😅

mweinsteiner

Quote from: JordH1998 on October 18, 2020, 12:35:26 pm
Goal, Sunderland Till I Die, The Damned United, Escape To Victory, all mentioned, all good.

Agree with that

MichaelMarti

Quote from: mweinsteiner on October 19, 2020, 12:55:45 pm
I won't watch a show that glorifies any Arsenal team 😅

I can't watch anything where LFC lose haha

mweinsteiner

Quote from: MichaelMarti on October 19, 2020, 07:08:05 pm
I can't watch anything where LFC lose haha

I don't really feel much towards Liverpool or City, but watching United, Arsenal or Spurs lift trophies is not something I'm gonna do haha. At least I know I don't have to worry about watching any other London club lift the Champions League trophy  ;D

MichaelMarti

Quote from: mweinsteiner on October 19, 2020, 10:28:47 pm
I don't really feel much towards Liverpool or City, but watching United, Arsenal or Spurs lift trophies is not something I'm gonna do haha. At least I know I don't have to worry about watching any other London club lift the Champions League trophy  ;D

That's fair