November 28, 2020, 08:26:25 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!


Is the Lanzini goal already a shoo-in for Goal of the Season?

Started by mweinsteiner, October 19, 2020, 01:08:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan Wiseman

Insane shot.

Think it could be beaten by a skilful run and clever finish.

Lanzini ran to the loose ball, had one option and one second to get something on the ball, it flies top right corner.

Just trying to compare that to something like Dele Alli vs Crystal Palace where he controls the ball, flicks over his head and knows exactly where he wants to put it. That kind of goal in my eyes beats a screamer.
Editor at Lastwordonsports.com

mweinsteiner

Quote from: MichaelMarti on October 20, 2020, 10:43:49 pm
It might be like the time when Zlaten won the Puskas (everyone knew his goal v England was going to win.) But, I just want to hope there are more great strikes.

Yeah, like Messi in 2015 too when he dribbled the entire team


mweinsteiner

Quote from: Declan Wiseman on October 21, 2020, 06:35:10 am
Insane shot.

Think it could be beaten by a skilful run and clever finish.

Lanzini ran to the loose ball, had one option and one second to get something on the ball, it flies top right corner.

Just trying to compare that to something like Dele Alli vs Crystal Palace where he controls the ball, flicks over his head and knows exactly where he wants to put it. That kind of goal in my eyes beats a screamer.

A Spurs fan I presume  ;D ;D in all seriousness, though, the Alli goal is a very nice finish but the technique, accuracy and power Lanzizi showed, on the run and going across his body, it's absolutely incredible. I play football but I could try that 100 times and it goes in the stands every single time haha

JordH1998

Remember the Mkhitaryan scorpion goal, then Giroud did it but arguably better days later (might have been other way around IDK) but never a shoe-in.

Declan Wiseman

Quote from: mweinsteiner on October 21, 2020, 02:08:23 pm
A Spurs fan I presume  ;D ;D in all seriousness, though, the Alli goal is a very nice finish but the technique, accuracy and power Lanzizi showed, on the run and going across his body, it's absolutely incredible. I play football but I could try that 100 times and it goes in the stands every single time haha

Partly as a Spurs fan.

Yeah no doubt it was a great goal, I don't even think Lanzini could try that another 100 times and score it.
Editor at Lastwordonsports.com

mweinsteiner

Quote from: JordH1998 on October 22, 2020, 05:01:23 pm
Remember the Mkhitaryan scorpion goal, then Giroud did it but arguably better days later (might have been other way around IDK) but never a shoe-in.

I think Giroud had done it first, but I definitely think his was better than Mkhitaryan's although they were both great, we'll see what happens though hopefully we see some more great goals


mweinsteiner

Quote from: Declan Wiseman on October 23, 2020, 06:22:00 am
Partly as a Spurs fan.

Yeah no doubt it was a great goal, I don't even think Lanzini could try that another 100 times and score it.

Very true, his first 10 minutes of the season and he pulls that out, insane

MichaelMarti

Quote from: mweinsteiner on October 23, 2020, 12:17:22 pm
Very true, his first 10 minutes of the season and he pulls that out, insane

Wasn't he injured for a while too? I kind of had forgotten that he exists.