Last Word on Sports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Positive COVID Tests from Collective - How Can Indie Wrestling Learn from this?  (Read 191 times)

Dan Mount

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

GCW have handled all of this poorly too.  They're taking a very "oh you're just out to get us" approach which is ridiculous and makes them look more amateur than their booking

It's a poor attitude. ROH has probably handled everything the best of any of the companies in North America.
Marketing Manager, Last Word on Hockey

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word on Pro Wrestling

It's a poor attitude. ROH has probably handled everything the best of any of the companies in North America.

Who'd have ever thought we'd say ROH would handle anything the best lol. But yeah, I agree. They seem to have their ducks in a row here.
Department Manager, LWOPW

Last Word on Sports

Dan Mount

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Who'd have ever thought we'd say ROH would handle anything the best lol. But yeah, I agree. They seem to have their ducks in a row here.

I read an interview Matt Taven did on this and it was amazing the amount of rules they put on.

*Talents giving themselves a COVID-19 test under supervision of a nurse watching via Zoom so that an initial test result can be determined as they travel to TV.

*Taking a second COVID-19 test upon arriving at ROH's hotel one week before TV tapings.

*Sequestering themselves in a hotel room for seven days, not interacting with anyone from ROH or outside the company.

*Having all food deliveries dropped off outside of their room by hotel staff.

*Being allowed a scheduled time at a workout room once two negative COVID-19 test results are confirmed.  No more than two talents are allowed in the workout room at the same time and they must socially distance.

*Talents must undergo a third COVID-19 test the morning of their scheduled match.

*Despite negative test results. talents must remain sequestered from all other talents until they arrive at ROH TV, brought via van at a specific time.

*Talents must have their temperature taken before entering the ROH venue.  If the temperature tops 100 degrees, they are not allowed to enter and perform.

*Putting together their match privately with their opponent(s) and then taping that bout with no staff beyond camera crew and someone at the gorilla position to provide entrance cues.  Not even ROH Executive/Creative staff, such as Hunter Johnston, are present at the tapings.

*Wearing facemasks at all time unless they are being taped for TV.

*Returning immediately to the hotel after their match via van and returning immediately to being sequestered in their hotel room.

*Talents are not allowed to interact with each other or even exit their hotel rooms until the ROH tapings have concluded AND they take a final COVID-19 test before being released from the ROH bubble rules.

*At that point talents are free to travel home.
Marketing Manager, Last Word on Hockey

Last Word on Sports

Alex Richards

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word On Sports

Woah that's very strict.  But it's 100% what's necessary to run combat sports and something WWE should be mimicking
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

• View Profile

Give ROH credit, as strict as these rules seem, it definitely seems like they've helped keep the company's collective head above water in regard to COVID.

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

That's incredible and good on ROH for taking all those precautions. Looks like they learned a thing or two from what Dana White did with Fight Island and how the NBA/NHL handled their bubbles. I always say it's ironic that NBA was the first domino to fall but when it did come back, it set the tone for how all other indoor sports should pperate. And ROH is definitely following some of those bubble-esques rules.

Last Word on Sports

LWOS_Robbie

• View Profile

Meanwhile, it feels like GCW hasn't learned much, in that respect, and now we're hearing rumblings of WWE prepping for travel and events with fans again.

Pro wrestling is a bit more lawless than, like Marilee said, the NBA, so guidelines regarding COVID aren't consistent across the board.

Last Word on Sports

Alex Richards

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word On Sports

WWE really don't care they've been reactive rather than proactive
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Niklas

• The Honky Bonk Man
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'm stumped by that lol.  I guess ROH can still pull off surprises.
"Eliminate the impossible and whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the answer." - Sherlock Holmes

Alex Richards

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Last Word On Sports

Yeah, I'm stumped by that lol.  I guess ROH can still pull off surprises.

I remember hearing that Marty Scurll has whipped them into shape and made it a real "wrestlers first" vibe.  I guess the safety of talent was included in that
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I remember hearing that Marty Scurll has whipped them into shape and made it a real "wrestlers first" vibe.  I guess the safety of talent was included in that

Its ashame he turned out to be a sleaze and hopefully won't be around to see the fruits of his labor.

LWOS_Robbie

• View Profile

At the very least, I don't think disinfecting the ring is too much to ask for. When you have people rolling around on the canvas, and then you throw in elements like saliva and sweat, it's almost like people are asking for illness.

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

At the very least, I don't think disinfecting the ring is too much to ask for. When you have people rolling around on the canvas, and then you throw in elements like saliva and sweat, it's almost like people are asking for illness.

So get this, I watch soap operas and on one of them, they don't even have people touch. It looks awkward and borderline cringe at times, but they are taking the super cautious approach. So no, a little ring disinfecting is not asking for too much lol

LWOS_Robbie

• View Profile

So get this, I watch soap operas and on one of them, they don't even have people touch. It looks awkward and borderline cringe at times, but they are taking the super cautious approach. So no, a little ring disinfecting is not asking for too much lol
It's one of the reasons why a lot of movie productions shut down following COVID. I can't imagine actors are too keen on getting too close. Sonic the Hedgehog fixing to win all the movie awards this year, haha.

LWOS_Marilee

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

It's one of the reasons why a lot of movie productions shut down following COVID. I can't imagine actors are too keen on getting too close. Sonic the Hedgehog fixing to win all the movie awards this year, haha.

Let's uh, let's just cancel the Oscars instead lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up