November 25, 2020, 11:04:11 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Baylor.....

Started by travisknobbe, October 13, 2020, 01:51:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

travisknobbe

Does Baylor ever take responsibility for its own shortcomings? They're now trying to assign blame to West Virginia (via an indirect jab) for their own team's outbreak. Considering WVU has had 0 positive tests since that game (and only 1 in the week leading up to, and that player has been quarantined since), hard for them to say they got it in Morgantown (which is how their narrative started). They have since said that they believe they brought infected players to Morgantown (so good job on that, guys) but then blamed the travel quarters and smaller visitor locker room for the outbreak.

Here's an idea, Baylor....worry about your own protocols and improving them. Honestly, just glad that in the 4 test days since that game, that nothing spread to our team.

But it also makes me wonder whether the Big 12 shouldn't have more uniform protocols and stringent punishment (ie forfeiting a game you can't play) for team that violate those protocols and/or common sense.
LWOS - CFB Writer covering WVU and General Topics (NIL compensation and rule changes)

LWOS_Marilee

I think the most annoying part about the Baylor outbreak as well as any college team going through outbreaks, is the broken protocol goes beyond just the football team. We shouldn't just be talking about forfeiture. We should be talking about suspensions from the school. Most of these unis have their own policies and COVID honor codes and players who break protocol are breaking those as well. I just wonder why colleges aren't punishing more harshly in that regard.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

travisknobbe

Definitely a fair point. Especially considering that many of these schools, though they won't admit it, are truly going above and beyond from an admin standpoint to make sure their athletes are isolated/protected at the expense of almost anyone else.
LWOS - CFB Writer covering WVU and General Topics (NIL compensation and rule changes)

LWOS_Marilee

Yep and that pretty much answers my question. Because truth be told I knew the answer when I said it. The colleges aren't suspending athletes found guilty of breaking college protocol because of the special treatment. At these power conferences, college football is more than a sport, it's big business and a huge money maker. I studied the impact of college football on university income in college and it's fascinating how much some of these schools make from their football programs. Probably wouldn't surprise people, but when you hear that football subsidizes all other athletics at some of these big schools, that really tells you all you need to know about why these athletes receive special protection.