November 27, 2020, 01:26:54 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Did we overrate the Dodgers?

Started by DJKleinbard, October 16, 2020, 11:09:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DJKleinbard

They are a very good baseball team and likely would have made a deep run in a normal year, but they only played two other teams that finished with .500 records all year. The Dodgers, Padres, and A's were the only three of the ten in those two divisions to have winning records

LWOS_Marilee

I think if anything, we underrated the Braves. Dodgers and Yankees were both huge World Series co-favorites, even when re-adjusted to 60 games. I don't think either were overrated. But that's why championships aren't won on paper. Atlanta faced tougher competition than LA no doubt but they also rounded into top form at exactly the right time. Now, LA can still win this series and we could be talking about a Dodgers World Series. But as of right now, I'd say Braves were underrated and we'll see what happens next.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Alex Metzger

I ask myself this every year haha...

I don't think so, though. G7 of the NLCS is no small feat even if they lose.. Especially with how random one-game samples are in baseball. Sorta the same with the Astros, as much as I hate to admit that. I think this run has shown they're still a very good team even without cheating.. I'll continue to hate-watch them 100% but making it within 1 game of the WS while losing your ace in Cole and also losing your other ace in Verlander is impressive.

LWOSAARON

Quote from: DJKleinbard on October 16, 2020, 11:09:03 pm
They are a very good baseball team and likely would have made a deep run in a normal year, but they only played two other teams that finished with .500 records all year. The Dodgers, Padres, and A's were the only three of the ten in those two divisions to have winning records

They are a great team with an unbelievable lineup. But I think they have holes, just like every other team. They definitely aren't unbeatable.

LWOS_Marilee

Are we still feeling like they are overrated? Lol. Coming back from 3-1 down was impressive. This team has shown it can beat you in all kinds of ways and while Dave Roberts almost managed himself out of a World Series, this team just has way too much depth to contend with