November 27, 2020, 12:35:08 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Braves vs Dodgers - NLCS Thread

Started by LWOS_Marilee, October 09, 2020, 11:00:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LWOS_Marilee

The race for the pennant is on. Both these teams have yet to lose in the playoffs this year. Atlanta has done so with great pitching and LA has turned to their next level lineup. Predictions on who wins this series and other thoughts? Share below!
Department Manager, LWOPW

DJKleinbard

Im really excited for the pitching matchups in Games One and Two

DJKleinbard

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DJKleinbard on October 12, 2020, 11:52:41 am
Im really excited for the pitching matchups in Games One and Two

Oh definitely. I'm just curious to see which will break first. The Dodgers offense or the Braves pitching. I can't believe they have four shut outs in five games. Incredible. This should be a really good series.

Ross Crawford

Agreed on pitching match-ups. Going to be a really fun series. I think Atlanta can play up to Dodgers level to keep this close

LWOS_Marilee

It's so weird seeing fans at games but honestly, I love seeing so many people repping teams all around the league. It's almost like, if you wanted to go see a game and could drive to Texas, you did for this game.

EvanThompson

Smith could not have made a better throw on the Swanson stolen base.

EvanThompson

LWOS_Marilee

Classic playoff pitching duel. Save for one bad pitch to Freeman, both these guys are looking as advertised.

LWOSAARON

LWOS_Marilee

This is literally the story of two bad pitches and that's it. I love a good pitching duel!

LWOS_Marilee

Bold call though pulling Buehler. Guess they didn't like what they saw with his location heading into the 3rd time through the order. Crazy to see a guy pulled after giving up just 3 hits and one run (the 5 walks weren't great). But you get the sense in this one that not many more runs are gonna be scored for sure. Still not sure I'd have made that call but I'm not a MLB manager lol.

DJKleinbard

Game Two went from a blowout to an exciting game real fast

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DJKleinbard on October 13, 2020, 10:20:13 pm
Game Two went from a blowout to an exciting game real fast

Seriously. I really wasn't expecting that after the start

LWOS_Marilee

LA kept fighting into the 9th but that early deficit hurt. Braves are in a great place to win this series now. Though, I'd far from count the Dodgers out. But this is the most LA has had to struggle all season so we'll see their ability to mount a comeback.

SportsTechie17

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on October 13, 2020, 10:29:03 pm
LA kept fighting into the 9th but that early deficit hurt. Braves are in a great place to win this series now. Though, I'd far from count the Dodgers out. But this is the most LA has had to struggle all season so we'll see their ability to mount a comeback.

The Dodgers definitely aren't going to lay down and give up just yet. They'll fight until the very end even during Game Three tomorrow (Wednesday) with Julio Urias on the mound. If the Braves win tomorrow and it comes down to Game Four being the elimination game, Clayton Kershaw will have a lot of pressure riding on him Thursday. That's *IF* he is healthy and able to make that start.

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: SportsTechie17 on October 14, 2020, 12:27:05 am
The Dodgers definitely aren't going to lay down and give up just yet. They'll fight until the very end even during Game Three tomorrow (Wednesday) with Julio Urias on the mound. If the Braves win tomorrow and it comes down to Game Four being the elimination game, Clayton Kershaw will have a lot of pressure riding on him Thursday. That's *IF* he is healthy and able to make that start.

Yeah Kershaw being pulled was certainly an unexpected blow esp the way he's pitched this postseason which is a far cry from those struggles hes consistently had in the past.