April 18, 2021, 05:16:47 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

NHL PEST THREAD

Started by Mike Kovacs, September 27, 2020, 04:47:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Kovacs

Who is the best pest that ever played for your team? Which pest have you hated the most? Which pest played the role the best? Which pest was also an amazing player?

CEO, Last Word On Sports INC
LastWordOnSports.com

Nfoster

Daniel Carcillo and Jordan Tootoo. They're players you hate if they're playing against your team, and love them if they're on your team.

Mike Kovacs

I loved watching Dino Ciccarelli play in Detroit. He was fearless in from of the net. Sean Avery was a huge pest that I grew to absolutely hate after Red Wings time. Maltby had a decent career too. 
LastWordOnSports.com

Mike Kovacs

Quote from: Nfoster on September 27, 2020, 04:50:00 pm
Daniel Carcillo and Jordan Tootoo. They're players you hate if they're playing against your team, and love them if they're on your team.

Definitely Jordan Tootoo. Good call there.
LastWordOnSports.com

Mike Kovacs

September 27, 2020, 04:57:31 pm #4 Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:02:24 pm by Mike Kovacs
Can I assume Marchand will be very high on the list for everyone?

For me, Claude Lemieux from his Avs years. That turtling little....
LastWordOnSports.com

Alex Metzger

Chris Neil is the common one when it comes to Ottawa... There were some others through the years too but if you had someone annoying you from 2000-2015 or so, Neil was a very high candidate to be doing so.

Alex Metzger

ErinButler

Quote from: Mike Kovacs on September 27, 2020, 04:52:02 pm
I loved watching Dino Ciccarelli play in Detroit.

My favourite Ciccarelli story was him crashing the net to shake up Arturs Irbe, only to be greeted with a cheery "Oh! Hello, Dino!" as they both got back to their skates...

ErinButler

Best was probably Alex Burrows, but there are a LOT to choose from... 😄

Most hated, maybe Esa Tikkanen over Marchand for sheer volume. When you're facing a guy six, seven, eight times a year... Even Gretzky couldn't find anything nice to say about Tikkanen, and that speaks volumes!

Dan Mount

Quote from: Alex Metzger on September 27, 2020, 04:58:16 pm
Chris Neil is the common one when it comes to Ottawa... There were some others through the years too but if you had someone annoying you from 2000-2015 or so, Neil was a very high candidate to be doing so.

I hated Neil in the first round series against the Rangers.

I'll go old school with Ken Linseman. He was a professional pain in the butt.
Marketing Manager, Last Word on Hockey

DougWinkey

Claude Lemieux in his brief stint as an Avalanche springs to mind. There might be another but their history of pests seems pretty slim unless there's something I can't recall.

PeterTaylor

For my Canucks the best pest was, hands down, Ryan Kesler.  An amazing pest and also a selke calibre center. 

Burrows was a pest as well but lacked the high end talent of Kes. 

Mike Kovacs

Quote from: PeterTaylor on September 28, 2020, 07:08:13 am
For my Canucks the best pest was, hands down, Ryan Kesler.  An amazing pest and also a selke calibre center. 

Burrows was a pest as well but lacked the high end talent of Kes.

Not Ruutu?
LastWordOnSports.com

ErinButler

Quote from: Mike Kovacs on September 28, 2020, 05:35:00 pm
Not Ruutu?

Or Max Lapierre, Garth Butcher, Matt Cooke... We've had a LOT of them!

Dan Mount

Eaa Tikkanen will always be Rangers pest. Sean Avery gets a second place nod for screwing with Brodeur.
Marketing Manager, Last Word on Hockey

ErinButler

Quote from: Dan Mount on October 01, 2020, 04:59:42 pm
Eaa Tikkanen will always be Rangers pest. Sean Avery gets a second place nod for screwing with Brodeur.

RANGERS?!? Sure this isn't supposed to be in the "unpopular opinion" post? 😁