March 07, 2021, 08:25:34 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

What's Next for JJ Watt?

Started by LWOS_Marilee, February 12, 2021, 06:43:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LWOS_Marilee

So JJ Watt and the free-falling Texans have agreed to a mutual release. I've heard JJ wants to play with TJ in Pittsburgh. Will it happen? What are your thoughts for where Watt ends up?
Department Manager, LWOPW

DavidLatham

The Steelers are in cap hell, they'll need to push a lot of money to get him on board. Personally my bet is on the Ravens, Colts, or Chargers. Wrote a whole thing on it here (shameless plug)

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2021/02/12/identifying-the-best-j-j-watt-team-fits/

DavidLatham

LWOS_Marilee

I just heard the Bears are in the mix too. This is my fault for googling Carson Wentz and reading all those articles that I get Bears news now on the regular haha. But yeah, I don't see him ending up in Chicago. Doesn't his other brother play for the Chargers?

DavidLatham

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on February 13, 2021, 12:28:54 pmI just heard the Bears are in the mix too. This is my fault for googling Carson Wentz and reading all those articles that I get Bears news now on the regular haha. But yeah, I don't see him ending up in Chicago. Doesn't his other brother play for the Chargers?

I think they both play for the Steelers

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DavidLatham on February 13, 2021, 01:33:01 pmI think they both play for the Steelers

Oh that would make sense why that would be his preferred landing spot then.

Norton0723

Yeah I've heard Browns, Packers, and Steelers have been heavily linked.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

Norton0723

Ross Crawford

I think he's just straight up Super Bowl hunting.

Which means family ties might not mean much to him. Steelers weren't convincing at end of last season. But he could go on a one-year deal with Big Ben back.

But my favorites are the Packers.

DavidLatham

Quote from: Ross Crawford on February 20, 2021, 10:40:56 amI think he's just straight up Super Bowl hunting.

Which means family ties might not mean much to him. Steelers weren't convincing at end of last season. But he could go on a one-year deal with Big Ben back.

But my favorites are the Packers.

The Packers would be a great fit

Norton0723

I agree. He would get to be playing at home and on a legit contender.

DavidLatham

Quote from: Norton0723 on February 21, 2021, 04:22:48 amI agree. He would get to be playing at home and on a legit contender.

Completely forgot he's a Wisonsin native. Aaron Rodgers is also restructuring his contract....