January 23, 2021, 02:27:24 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Best Rotation in the NL East?

Started by DJKleinbard, January 07, 2021, 01:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DJKleinbard

Mets, Braves, Nationals. Who has the best starting staff? Phillies and Marlins are good but a step below in my mind

DougWinkey

I had to think hard about this one, but I'm going to go NYM. Their projected 1-2-3 of deGrom, Carrasco, Stroman is pretty phenomenal. The #4 projected guy is Peterson, who looks good too and then Thor will come back. Atlanta is 2nd in my mind with Fried, Morton and Anderson, but Morton is 37. That makes me very nervous. Washington's rotation is also getting into older territory where players are less good for no reason. I get that deGrom and Carrasco are in their 30s as well, it's just that their best is better than the best of any other rotation.

Norton0723

Yeah with the Mets getting Carrasco it makes it very interesting but for me it's between them and the Nats. I still give the edge to the Nats with Scherzer, Stras, and Corbin heading that up. I'd still expect them to pitch the most innings and put up the overall best numbers on the season. I like what ATL is doing but still really young.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723