February 16, 2021, 12:37:20 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Cleveland Indians Set to Change Team Nickname

Started by SportsTechie17, December 13, 2020, 04:35:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsTechie17

The Cleveland Indians announced that they will indeed be changing their team nickname Sunday night. In your opinion, what should their new nickname be?

DJKleinbard

I'm in favor of either the Spiders or Naps because I love baseball history

DougWinkey

I'd be happy with Spiders, but I am also going to root for Forest Citys lol. It'll probably be Spiders or something patriotic. I don't think Naps will be the choice because so few fans will get it without an explanation.

WaldoTerrier

Norton0723

Yeah I think Spiders is fine as well. I do think it will be that or something to pay homage to a historical aspect.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

DJKleinbard

DavidLatham

The Cleveland Baseball Team. Washington's started a trend

Norton0723

I'd be fine with that too.

Let's go with Cleveland "Rocks"

just flows nice haha

could even get Drew Carey as the mascot! lol
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

DavidLatham

Quote from: Norton0723 on December 16, 2020, 12:35:11 pmI'd be fine with that too.

just flows nice haha

I change my answer, I want this

DougWinkey

There's a good article on Baseball Prospectus talking about players from the terrible Spiders team. Based on the players on that roster, I am now pulling for Cleveland Pretzels lol. Here is the article if anyone is a subscriber.
https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/63573/cleveland-baseball-team-new-nickname-spiders/

MrSplashMan19

As an on-looker Cavs fan (but not Indians fan), I hope they go with Spiders.
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DJKleinbard on December 13, 2020, 06:46:22 pmI'm in favor of either the Spiders or Naps because I love baseball history

Naps is such a great shout. But def a deep cut that a lot of people wouldn't appreciate sadly.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DJKleinbard on December 15, 2020, 10:35:51 amThe Cleveland Ohios

Only if the Drew Carey Show theme, Cleveland Rocks, is their theme song lol

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: DavidLatham on December 15, 2020, 11:26:06 amThe Cleveland Baseball Team. Washington's started a trend

Honestly, I've been rooting for that one the second they announced the change lol. But I suppose since Cleveland actually has time to carefully and thoughtfully rebrand compared to Washington, that name won't be the case.

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: Norton0723 on December 16, 2020, 12:35:11 pmI'd be fine with that too.

just flows nice haha

Definitely would be fantastic lol