February 15, 2021, 05:33:52 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Hall of Fame Ballot Announced

Started by DJKleinbard, November 16, 2020, 07:55:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidLatham

All I care about is Bonds making it. I don't care about the steroids, everyone was doing them. He was the best player in the league

DavidLatham

Steve Drumwright LWOS

What about Clemens? They are in the same boat.

I am not hardcore against them getting in, but this will be their ninth year on the ballot and they need another 11% of the vote to get in. They missed by 56 (Bonds) and 57 (Clemens) votes in January.

Schilling I think will get in despite saying inflammatory things in retirement. Without any new players who are clear-cut Hall of Famers, he should get the 20 votes he was missing.

I would vote for Todd Helton and Billy Wagner. Omar Vizquel and Andruw Jones are interesting cases because of their defense.
Follow me on Twitter @DrummerWrites

Norton0723

Couldn't agree more man. It's so stupid. People act like it just made him all of a sudden amazing. People don't understand Steroids at all and act like they are magic. For everyone worried about "the integrity of the old records" well the game is changing all the time so some of those will be broken and some will never be broken. Who cares? It's crazy to me because they also have so many advantages the old guys didn't as well so should we get rid of year round training? Should we get rid of personal trainers? Should we get rid of analytics? All of these things are advantages guys now have that old guys didn't. Bonds was definitely the best and honestly the best hitter of all time in my opinion all things considered. Ken Griffey Jr will always be my favorite and I like to think that he's the best and possibly would have been had he stayed healthy longer but the more I look at it the more I think Bonds is and it would be a damn shame to have a baseball HOF and not have the best hitter of all time in (or one of the best if you don't agree he's the best).

Quote from: DavidLatham on November 16, 2020, 11:03:43 amAll I care about is Bonds making it. I don't care about the steroids, everyone was doing them. He was the best player in the league
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

DavidLatham

Quote from: DavidLatham on November 16, 2020, 11:03:43 amAll I care about is Bonds making it. I don't care about the steroids, everyone was doing them. He was the best player in the league
Quote from: Steve Drumwright LWOS on November 16, 2020, 02:38:17 pmWhat about Clemens? They are in the same boat.

I am not hardcore against them getting in, but this will be their ninth year on the ballot and they need another 11% of the vote to get in. They missed by 56 (Bonds) and 57 (Clemens) votes in January.

Schilling I think will get in despite saying inflammatory things in retirement. Without any new players who are clear-cut Hall of Famers, he should get the 20 votes he was missing.

I would vote for Todd Helton and Billy Wagner. Omar Vizquel and Andruw Jones are interesting cases because of their defense.

Good call on Clements, he deserves it too. I really hope Schilling doesn't make it

MrSplashMan19

Andruw Jones hopefully. Greatest defensive CF of all-time.
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

MrSplashMan19

At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

DJKleinbard

I think Schilling is the only one who gets in this year, and deservedly so. I don't care about his politics or social media antics, he has 3,000 strikeouts and is one of the greatest postseason pitchers of all time, he should have gotten in a long time ago.

I'm most interested in seeing the jump that someone like Andruw Jones takes this year with a less-crowded ballot. Jones definitely fell off a cliff to end his career, but he has 10 Gold Gloves and 434 home runs. SABR Metrics show him to be one of the best defensive centerfielders of all time. If 500 home runs makes you a proverbial lock for induction, then 430+ and some of the best defense at your position ever should put you in, as well.

EvanThompson

Schilling 100% deserves to be in and should have been a long time ago. I have heard every argument against him, and none of them were even remotely good.

Norton0723

I agree on both Schilling and Jones. Both should be in.

Ross Crawford

I'd like Bonds in

He's had his punishment for doing something everyone was doing, he just did it better with a higher profile. He's only still not in because MLB using him as a scapegoat for the leagues ineptitude at stopping players using.

Bonds and Schilling this year please

DougWinkey

I don't particularly care who gets in as long as Rolen and Helton keep moving in the right direction. Vizquel is one I don't think deserves it at all among players who have support to this point. I won't rehash the arguments, but there is plenty of statistical argument that he's overrated.

Norton0723

I agree with you but don't tell my dad. Omar is his favorite player of all time! haha

Nate Freeman

I hope Andruw Jones and Omar Vizquel get a jump in votes this year and eventually make it. Not particularly fond of Bonds/Clemens/Schilling getting in but no complaints if they do.

LWOS_Marilee

The steroid thing is interesting but you're seeing these percentages go up because the class of writers who decided never to put steroid users in the Hall, are dying out. The only question is, do Bonds and co have enough time left on the ballot to get over that hurdle. Because the younger writers don't care nearly as much. And that shows in the numbers.
Department Manager, LWOPW