March 08, 2021, 11:53:03 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Best closing pitcher of all time

Started by DougMurray, October 16, 2020, 08:02:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DougMurray

Back in the day me and my folks loved Percival from the Angels back when cali haD angel flags flyin everywhere 

DJKleinbard

DJKleinbard

DougMurray

His accolades are crazy good, five time world champs. Now, who is the best LEFT handed pitcher of all time ?

DavidLatham

Mo, no question. One of my top-five favorite ballplayers ever, and that's coming from a Red Sox fan. Watching him pitch was just special, even if he was going against your own team, you had to stop and appreciate his greatness. And on top of all that, all reports say he's a fantastic human being

LWOS_Marilee

Yeah, I'm not sure you can go anyone other than Mariano Rivera. There have been tons of great ones. Guys like Bell, Hoffman, etc. But none were as dominant as Mo.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOSAARON

There have been some great closers. However, there has never been one as good as Rivera. 

connordeitrich

Rivera, no discussion here. Probably my second favorite player of all time, only behind Jeter.

EvanThompson

Norton0723

Mariano has gotta be it, as much as I hate the Yankees.
Follow me on Twitter @norton0723

Norton0723

I gotta go Billy Wagner here. I'm interested to see how Hader's career path goes as he's been so electric that if he can have longevity, he's got a shot.

Quote from: DougMurray on October 16, 2020, 07:58:02 pm
His accolades are crazy good, five time world champs. Now, who is the best LEFT handed pitcher of all time ?

MrSplashMan19

Rivera by several miles.

The better question is who is 2nd, lol. Braves Craig Kimbrel 👀
At least my takes will never be as bad as 6-year-old me thinking the winless Dolphins would beat the undefeated Patriots.

Norton0723

Yeah I think Kimbrel has a real shot at #2 all time. Man I honestly thought Erig Gagne was going to be one of the best ever as well with that stretch he had.

DavidLatham

Quote from: Norton0723 on November 09, 2020, 07:13:18 pm
Yeah I think Kimbrel has a real shot at #2 all time. Man I honestly thought Erig Gagne was going to be one of the best ever as well with that stretch he had.

Eric Gagne, boy he was terrible with the Red Sox. I remember being so excited they got him and he was just the worst during his stint in Boston. Kimbrel obviously worked out though

Norton0723

Yeah for sure Gagne fell off so fast. Yeah Kimbrel definitely worked out.

Ross Crawford

I like Hoffman.

But yeh Mariano is THE Closer.

Just iconic