January 19, 2021, 04:22:41 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

AEW Thread

Started by Alex Richards, August 04, 2020, 09:56:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on January 09, 2021, 11:59:04 amYeah at least its consistent with their current arc. I wonder if there will be any kind of divide with Kenny's loyalties. That would be interesting as he and the Bucks haven't even remotely been on opposing sides since BCCW.

I'm sure they eventually will.  Maybe the  Bucks being forced to reconnect with Page to stop Omega is the play...
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: Alex Richards on January 09, 2021, 02:29:02 pmI'm sure they eventually will.  Maybe the  Bucks being forced to reconnect with Page to stop Omega is the play...

Ooo I can dig that. And since the Bucks have to be front and center on everything, it would make sense too. I'm still convinced Omega was the one who sent that go tf away text from Page's phone anyway.
Department Manager, LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Marilee on January 09, 2021, 02:42:42 pmOoo I can dig that. And since the Bucks have to be front and center on everything, it would make sense too. I'm still convinced Omega was the one who sent that go tf away text from Page's phone anyway.

It's possible.  If Callis and Omega had everything laid out then it'd make sense for Omega to fuck with Page
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Marilee

Quote from: Alex Richards on January 09, 2021, 05:15:44 pmIt's possible.  If Callis and Omega had everything laid out then it'd make sense for Omega to fuck with Page

Yep. Even before the Callis stuff, that made the most sense to me because Omega had already split from Page at that point and was starting his turn.

Alex Richards

New Year's Smash day 2 is not as loaded as day 1 although I am interested in seeing what Serena Deeb and Tay Conti get up to
https://lastwordonsports.com/prowrestling/2021/01/13/preview-new-years-smash-night-two/
Department Head Of LWOPW

Alex Richards

I love Stunt and Jungle Boy too though so their match could be fun if FTR don't FTR it up
Department Head Of LWOPW

Alex Richards

Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Looks like The Dark Order are now full-fledged faces, acting similarly to how they do on BTE. It's probably the best move, given the circumstances.

Also, Kenny Omega picking The Good Brothers as his tag team partners tonight and not The Young Bucks? Very interesting wrinkle here.

LWOS_Robbie

Seeing Moxley confront Omega, not to mention The Lucha Bros. offer some back-up against The Elite, seems to plant the seeds for something more.

Moxley, Death Triangle, and Lance Archer vs. the five-man Elite team may be a possibility.

LWOS_Robbie

Great to see The Waiting Room on AEW Dynamite tonight.

Britt Baker is a charismatic host and Rebel is as funny as always. However, what I liked about this episode was how it furthered the programs between Jade Cargill and Red Velvet as well as between Baker and Thunder Rosa.

Good stuff and, for those that care, minimal Cody, lol.

LWOS_Robbie

Serena Deeb had what I thought was a solid match with Tay Conti on tonight's Dynamite.

Tay looked quite good against Serena, who ended up walking away the victor. I feel like, whether intentionally or not, AEW has been doing more to build the NWA World Women's Championship than their own women's title.

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on January 13, 2021, 09:04:23 pmSeeing Moxley confront Omega, not to mention The Lucha Bros. offer some back-up against The Elite, seems to plant the seeds for something more.

Moxley, Death Triangle, and Lance Archer vs. the five-man Elite team may be a possibility.

BLOOD AND GUTS MATCH!!
Department Head Of LWOPW

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on January 13, 2021, 09:25:39 pmGreat to see The Waiting Room on AEW Dynamite tonight.

Britt Baker is a charismatic host and Rebel is as funny as always. However, what I liked about this episode was how it furthered the programs between Jade Cargill and Red Velvet as well as between Baker and Thunder Rosa.

Good stuff and, for those that care, minimal Cody, lol.

The women's division getting promo time and storyline progression??? It's a miracle
Department Head Of LWOPW

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on January 13, 2021, 09:42:11 pmSerena Deeb had what I thought was a solid match with Tay Conti on tonight's Dynamite.

Tay looked quite good against Serena, who ended up walking away the victor. I feel like, whether intentionally or not, AEW has been doing more to build the NWA World Women's Championship than their own women's title.

Deeb can be trusted to have solid matches with anyone so having her as the champion to face less polished talent is a good choice.  Shida still gets the storyline attention and rankings attention so her title is numero uno but the NWA title is a solid secondary belt
Department Head Of LWOPW

LWOS_Robbie

Quote from: Alex Richards on January 14, 2021, 06:18:40 amDeeb can be trusted to have solid matches with anyone so having her as the champion to face less polished talent is a good choice.  Shida still gets the storyline attention and rankings attention so her title is numero uno but the NWA title is a solid secondary belt
I feel like, in AEW, the NWA Title is sort of like what the NEVER Openweight Title is to NJPW. It's the title that everyone else, from outside stars to low-level AEW talent, can vie for.

Alex Richards

Quote from: LWOS_Robbie on January 14, 2021, 09:15:37 pmI feel like, in AEW, the NWA Title is sort of like what the NEVER Openweight Title is to NJPW. It's the title that everyone else, from outside stars to low-level AEW talent, can vie for.

Yeah, when you look at the people who have fought for it there's a lot of people lower on the card while the AEW title has mostly been fought for by the women at the top of the division
Department Head Of LWOPW