The MLB 2022 session is underway, and bettors are happy to select MLB betting picks that test their skills on the 2,430 games scheduled over the next 6 months. Take advantage of our guide and select the MLB best bets!
- *Valid for NJ/PA/WV/IA/IN/CO/IL/TN/MI/VA/NY
First deposit matched at 20% up to $1000
- If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling, and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), or call/text TN REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL/TN only. Min $5 deposit. Deposit bonus requires 25x playthrough. Deposit bonus issued as site credits. Eligibility restrictions apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Best Baseball Betting Tips & Tricks
Select MLB betting picks by following tested strategies guided by the best MLB odds. Check a prospective game, and remember the MLB predictions will fluctuate as game day nears and teams experience injuries or roster changes.
Stay Away from Favorites
Sportsbooks expect bettors to wager on favorites and tailor the betting lines accordingly. Indeed, favorites win more frequently, and statistics show that favorites with -150 odds win about 65% of the time. However, the payouts are small, and if it doesn’t go as planned, you may lose big.
Learn the Umpires
Novice bettors focus on teams, but experienced players know umpires can influence the game. One of the current MLB betting trends is learning the umpire's style. Refs with a tight strike zone can generate runs. Alternatively, umpires that prefer larger strike zones can generate more strikeouts, benefiting underdogs.
Identify MLB Best Bets
Online bookies create the odds in-house, meaning differences exist between betting sites. Newbie bettors are under the false impression that the betting lines are consistent. The correct move is to register on several platforms and shop around to find the best MLB odds.
Baseball Predictions for the 2022 MLB Season
The new MLB campaign has started with 30 teams dueling out in 162 regular-season games that will filter out the contenders for the World Series. Let's see some of the MLB predictions for the playoffs.
Contenders in the American Leagues
The New York Yankees are favored to win the Eastern division, while the Minnesota Twins are expected to finally achieve expectations and claim the Central division. In addition, the Los Angeles Angels will secure the Western division.
Contenders in the National League
Last year’s champions Atlanta Braves, have the potential to triumph in the Ester division. The Milwaukee Brewers will emerge back on top in the Central division. And West can be won by the Los Angeles Dodgers.Bet on MLB with DraftKings >
Obscure But Valuable Betting Types
Punters use MLB best bets types such as Moneyline, totals, and run line. Yet the conservative approach of going with the current MLB betting trends is not always the best. There are other options to channel your baseball predictions into a slip:
- Accumulator bet: It consists of four or more selections that multiple the odds and provide significant winnings.
- In-play bet: This is an option to make a wager while the game is active and predict a strikeout or a home run.
- Proposition bet: Wager on hypothetical scenarios, like which team will score the first home run or how many strikeouts a pitcher will have.
Best Sportsbooks for Betting on MLB Games
Numerous platforms offer baseball betting, and for a comprehensive experience, it's necessary to select the best MLB betting picks:
- FanDuel offers a generous welcome bonus, top-notch interface, and competitive MLB odds.
- DraftKings has attractive betting lines, a dedicated app, and comprehensive baseball coverage.
- Caesars provides a diverse promotional section, fast banking options, and lucrative odds.
How to win betting on baseball?
Stay informed about team performance, and for MLB best bets, consider factors such as weather, umpires, and previous matchups.
What is the best bet type?
Novice players prefer the Moneyline. It is the simplest form of wagering by which the bettor selects the team that will win the match.
Is betting on baseball legal?
Online sports wagering is legal in most USA states. However, you should check your local law before placing an online wager.