Last Word College Football Rankings, October 28
2. Kansas State- still unbeaten, still dominating.
3. Oregon- hung 70 on a woeful Colorado team.
4. Notre Dame- that’s a good Oklahoma team they beat soundly.
5. LSU- they didn’t play, but losses by other teams necessitate moving the Tigers up.
6. Florida State- moving them ahead of some sloppy/inconsistent SEC teams.
7. Georgia- terrible first half, rebounded enough after halftime to knock off Florida.
8. Florida- really bad game, but it was their first loss.
9. South Carolina- emotional, close win after Lattimore injury.
10. Oregon State- lost a game, but it was a close one.
11. Louisville- it’s the Big East, but they’re still undefeated.
12. Clemson- solid team, only one bad game.
13. Stanford- 10 sacks in their win over Washington St.
14. Oklahoma- good team, bad loss.
15. Mississippi State- losing to Alabama, even by 31, is nothing to be ashamed of.
16. Texas A&M- everyone beats Auburn, but not by 42 points.
17. Texas Tech- lost to Kansas State, but so has everyone else on the Wildcats’ slate.
18. USC- Arizona’s not a bad team, but USC should have been able to win that game.
19. Nebraska- big win for the Huskers, even with a backup QB in.
20. West Virginia- I hate to drop a team that didn’t play.
21. Boise State- lower level of competition, but they have one loss, by four points.
22. Arizona- the only ranked three-loss team; win over USC was that big.
23. Oklahoma State- 6th-ranked passing offense; both losses to ranked teams.
24. Louisiana Tech- haven’t found any of their games on TV in the Northeast, but they’re 7-1 and ranked in BCS, USA Today, AP, so…
25. Texas- hard to believe they’re ranked after Oklahoma debacle, but they’re better than they looked that day.