Last Word College Football Rankings, October 22
2. Kansas State- unbeaten, and throttled West Virginia this week.
3. Oregon- solid team on both sides of the ball.
4. Florida- dominant now, but they did start the season by barely beating Bowling Green.
5. Oregon State- very good team that gets very little attention on the East Coast.
6. Notre Dame- survived the BYU sandwich game, let’s see how they handle Oklahoma.
7. Oklahoma- ahead of LSU because their offense is noticeably better.
8. USC- record-breaking win over Colorado.
9. LSU- love the defense, the passing game is very questionable.
10. Mississippi State- dominated a cupcake opponent, had some help in moving up.
11. Georgia- probably should have beaten Kentucky by more than five points.
12. Texas Tech- still riding on the West Virginia beatdown; beat TCU in triple OT.
13. Florida State- beat Miami, as expected.
14. South Carolina- talented team, lots of issues in last two games (4 turnovers vs FL).
15. Rutgers- unbeaten, but not playing the toughest competition.
16. Louisville- see Rutgers.
17. Stanford- two losses, but they did beat USC.
18. Texas A&M- stayed closer with LSU than a lot of teams do.
19. Clemson- solid win over a fairly good Virginia Tech team.
20. West Virginia- some impressive offensive performances earlier in the season are keeping them here. Defense stinks.
21. Michigan- defense and special teams helped them pull out a Big Ten slugfest win over Michigan State.
22. Boise State- if only they played against better competition…
23. Ohio- playing inferior competition, but they’re unbeaten.
24. Nebraska- nice comeback win over Northwestern.
25. Wisconsin- beat Minnesota by 25.