The Offenders: NHLers in Hot Water
Here is the master list of players involved in infractions, and the sentences imposed on them. We have only played one week in the first round of the playoffs, and have already passed the mark set for suspended players last year. Does that mean that the league has been too lenient in the past as to not deter the players playing now from acting inappropriately? Or is it just a case of tight competitive series featuring division rivals and other high-spirited bouts?
What do you think of the league’s (and Shanahan’s) work so far?
Too lenient? Not severe enough? Right on the money? Comment below and vote in our poll.
Is there anybody you would add or remove to/from the list?
What would be your message going forward?
- Byron Bitz, 2 game suspension
- Shea Weber, small fine
- Matt Carkner, 1 game suspension
- Carl Hagelin, 3 game suspension
- Andrew Shaw, 3 game suspension
- Craig Adams, 1 game suspension (assessed on-ice)
- Aaron Asham, 4 game suspension
- James Neal, 1 game suspension
- Nicklas Backstrom, 1 game suspension
- Raffi Torres, TBA