Five Things We Learned In College, Championship Week
Not enough games this past weekend to come up with ten things- not on the amount of cold medicine I’m taking, anyway. So here goes:
1. So did LSU dress their third-team for the first half or what? No first downs in the first half, one TD that came on a punt return, and a 10-7 deficit. In the second half, the defense got a shutout and they scored five TDs. The Tiger faithful better hope they don’t come out that flat against Alabama in the title game, not that I would expect them to.
2. Guess my read on Clemson’s mental state was a bit off. That’s why I’m picking games on my sofa with a laptop and not on an ESPN set with a teleprompter.
3. Lot of respect for Oklahoma State. That’s a very good team, and OSU-LSU would have been an entertaining BCS game as well.
4. Props also to Southern Miss for taking down undefeated Houston 49-28. They played extremely well in all phases of the game.
5. Don’t get me wrong, I love bowl season, but I’d love a playoff system of some kind even more.